South Asian Conference 2020
Details & Video
Program details and agenda: Select TABS on the left (computer) or SCROLL DOWN (phone)
Recording of live virtual event held October 14, 2020
This program was hosted by SANSAR and DIL Walk Foundation, two Canadian charities who are committed to reducing the burden of heart disease in the South Asian population. The Canadian Collaborative Research Network was proud to be working with these two important charitable organizations to develop this program.
NOTE - While the live session was accredited for Mainpro+ credits the online recording has not been reviewed for accreditation.
Please select the sessions below to participate. The PROGRAM AGENDA is available here. The PROGRAM SLIDES are available from the CCRN booth in the virtual exhibit hall link below.
Thank you to our sponsors who supported the development of this program through unrestricted educational grant sponsorships and made it possible for us to share the recordings of this program.
Overview & Objectives
Following participation in this program participants will be able to:
- Apply the latest advances in the management of South Asian patients with ASCVD
- Describe appropriate diet and exercise patterns for South Asians
- Identify, evaluate and treat South Asian patients with diabetes and kidney disease
- Identify, evaluate and treat South Asian patients with dyslipidemia and hypertension
- Examine appropriate strategies for managing atrial fibrillation and stroke prevention in South Asian patients
- Examine appropriate strategies for managing heart failure and peripheral arterial disease in South Asian patients
This program is NOT accredited.
Mainpro+ participants may earn certified credits by completing a Linking Learning Exercise.
Specialist participants may claim Section 2 credits (up to 2 credits per hour) following completion of a personal learning project (PLP) under Section 2: Self-Learning Activities within the MAINPORT ePortfolio.
You will receive a Certificate of Attendance for your records following completion of the session evaluation form.
|ASCVD in South Asians: State of the Art||Milan Gupta|
|Diet and obesity interventions||Raman Kapoor|
|Diabetes and kidney disease management||Harpreet Bajaj|
|Lipid and hypertension management||Nadia Khan|
|AF and stroke prevention||Narendra Singh|
|Heart failure and peripheral arterial disease||Anmol Kapoor|
|ASCVD in South Asians: State of the Art|
|Diet and obesity interventions|
|Diabetes and kidney disease management|
|Lipid and hypertension management|
|AF and stroke prevention|
|Heart failure and peripheral arterial disease|